Luxury European Auto Brands Find U.S. Manufacturing Appealing
Chrysler's "Imported from Detroit" Super Bowl ad with Eminem wasn't the only auto ad that honed in on American manufacturing.
Surprisingly, European luxury brand, BMW, is now priding itself on its commitment to U.S. manufacturing.
Despite the fact that BMW is a German company, their interest in producing their high-ticket vehicles in America, speaks volumes of their confidence in the American manufacturing industry.
According to Greenville Online, BMW of North America's VP of marketing Dan Creed said the following about BMW's decision to continue to invest in U.S. manufacturing:
Even in the depths of the recession, BMW continued to invest in America, and as the global benchmark for clean diesel technology, we're challenging stereotypes to show our advanced diesels are part of the future.
The BMW spot aired during the Super Bowl highlighted the new clean diesel X3 which will be made in America at a South Carolina plant that will also be producing the X5 and X6 vehicles.
Watch the spot, entitled "Changes" (we sure hope so!) below and read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013