Louisville, KY - Louisville Slugger
It's that time of year again, Major League Baseball's post-season. Thankfully, baseball may help to drown out the non-stop campaign commercials that seem to be playing on a loop.
In this post-season, take note of the bats the players are using. For example, you may see Derek Jeter, Ryan Zimmerman, or Josh Hamilton using Louisville Sluggers.
Louisville Slugger's wooden bats have been made in the same factory in Kentucky for over 125 years. (Initially the woodworking shop made butter churns and porch railings.) The company has sold more than 100,000,000 bats.
Louisville Slugger has since branched out into manufacturing aluminum bats, gloves, helmets and catcher's gear, among other products, and not all of those items are made in the United States. However, all of Louisville Slugger's wooden bats are made in America, and, according to the company's new CFO, Lawrence Writer, the wood comes mostly from New York and Pennsylvania (meaning more jobs than just inside the factory).
Image by Flickr user Lisa Padilla, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014