Louisville, KY - Louisville Slugger
It's that time of year again, Major League Baseball's post-season. Thankfully, baseball may help to drown out the non-stop campaign commercials that seem to be playing on a loop.
In this post-season, take note of the bats the players are using. For example, you may see Derek Jeter, Ryan Zimmerman, or Josh Hamilton using Louisville Sluggers.
Louisville Slugger's wooden bats have been made in the same factory in Kentucky for over 125 years. (Initially the woodworking shop made butter churns and porch railings.) The company has sold more than 100,000,000 bats.
Louisville Slugger has since branched out into manufacturing aluminum bats, gloves, helmets and catcher's gear, among other products, and not all of those items are made in the United States. However, all of Louisville Slugger's wooden bats are made in America, and, according to the company's new CFO, Lawrence Writer, the wood comes mostly from New York and Pennsylvania (meaning more jobs than just inside the factory).
Image by Flickr user Lisa Padilla, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014