Loggerheard Apparel: Sea turtles and textiles-- on the surface it may seem that they have nothing in common, but the founders of the new South Carolina-based company Loggerheard Apparel would beg to differ. From their website:
“The Loggerhead Sea Turtle is an endangered species, and the coast of South Carolina is extremely important to its survival. The textile industry of South Carolina, once thriving, is as endangered as the Loggerhead, and has a huge impact on the economy of our state.”
The company has decided to take on both of these important issues by using part of the proceeds from sales of their classic Bellweather Polos for men and women to support the local textile industry and organizations that protect Loggerheads.
American-made clothing that's stylish and helps support great causes? It really doesn’t get much better than that.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013