Loggerheard Apparel: Sea turtles and textiles-- on the surface it may seem that they have nothing in common, but the founders of the new South Carolina-based company Loggerheard Apparel would beg to differ. From their website:
“The Loggerhead Sea Turtle is an endangered species, and the coast of South Carolina is extremely important to its survival. The textile industry of South Carolina, once thriving, is as endangered as the Loggerhead, and has a huge impact on the economy of our state.”
The company has decided to take on both of these important issues by using part of the proceeds from sales of their classic Bellweather Polos for men and women to support the local textile industry and organizations that protect Loggerheads.
American-made clothing that's stylish and helps support great causes? It really doesn’t get much better than that.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013