LIVEBLOG: USW's Tom Conway Demands Congressional Action at #SOSJobs Rally to Stem Rising Tide of Dumped Steel.
At today's #SOSJobs Rally in Munhall, Pennsylvania, United Steelworkers Vice President Tom Conway -- the union’s lead negotiator in numerous industries -- said that the “surge in dumped and subsidized” steel pipe poses a direct threat to America's steel industry. He said that South Korea is not consuming a single inch of the product it has produced.
"The Department of Commerce has failed miserably,” he said and noted that, in addition to the rallies being held, Steelworkers are walking the halls of Congress to talk this issue up. Said Conway:
We’ve won together on a lot of cases, and working together, we’re going to win this too.
So hang in there, one day longer.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014
- Secretary Foxx Wants YOU… to Do Something about Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 08/06/2014