LIVEBLOG: USW's Tom Conway Demands Congressional Action at #SOSJobs Rally to Stem Rising Tide of Dumped Steel.
At today's #SOSJobs Rally in Munhall, Pennsylvania, United Steelworkers Vice President Tom Conway -- the union’s lead negotiator in numerous industries -- said that the “surge in dumped and subsidized” steel pipe poses a direct threat to America's steel industry. He said that South Korea is not consuming a single inch of the product it has produced.
"The Department of Commerce has failed miserably,” he said and noted that, in addition to the rallies being held, Steelworkers are walking the halls of Congress to talk this issue up. Said Conway:
We’ve won together on a lot of cases, and working together, we’re going to win this too.
So hang in there, one day longer.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014