Liveblog: U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis urges jobs, jobs, jobs for America's steel industry at #SOSJobs rally
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis (R-IL) led the crowd in a booming cheer, to send a “big, loud message to Washington”: “American steel means jobs.”
Rep. Davis urged Washington to pay attention:
We need to focus on jobs jobs, jobs. There is no Republican or Democatic way to create jobs. It’s the right way.
Let's send a message to the Administration. Foreign steel should not come to the U.S. to create jobs overseas.
Send a message to Washington that America needs to be energy independent.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014