Liveblog: U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis urges jobs, jobs, jobs for America's steel industry at #SOSJobs rally
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis (R-IL) led the crowd in a booming cheer, to send a “big, loud message to Washington”: “American steel means jobs.”
Rep. Davis urged Washington to pay attention:
We need to focus on jobs jobs, jobs. There is no Republican or Democatic way to create jobs. It’s the right way.
Let's send a message to the Administration. Foreign steel should not come to the U.S. to create jobs overseas.
Send a message to Washington that America needs to be energy independent.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014