LIVEBLOG: Tim Murphy makes a connection at the #SOSJobs rally
While speaking at the #SOSJobs rally in Munhall, Tim Murphy, U.S. representative from Pennyslvania's 18th District and chairman of the Congressional Steel Caucus, made note of the charges the Department of Justice has leveled at Chinese government officials for allegedly hacking into U.S. businesses (many of them connected to America's steel industry).
In fact, the Congressman said that the government should pursue a steel dumping case against South Korea to the same "degree to which the Department of Justice has pursued this hacking case." Here's what he said:
And in addition to legal action that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is taking now, we want the Department of Commerce to bring this case before the ITC (International Trade Commission). Anything made with techniques gained by cyberspying? Not one bit of that will be allowed to cross our borders and be sold in the U.S.
We caught them redhanded folks, and we’re not giving up without a fight. In fact, we’re not giving up at all.
Read more about the cyberhacking case against Chinese officials.
Learn about the steel trade case facing American steelworkers.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014