LIVEBLOG: Steelworkers Call for Action to Curb Unfair Trade at #SOSJobs Rally in Texas.
At this morning's #SOSJobs rally in Lone Star, Texas, U. S. Steel Lone Star Tubular Operations Plant Manager Brent Sansing and local USW president Oodie Royal urged Washington to create a level playing field for the nation's steel industry:
We can not compete in an unfair market. We need our trade laws enforced. We make the best steel in the world. As long as Washington enforces the rules we can compete with anyone.
Learn more about a pending trade case on dumped steel product from overseas.
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014