LIVEBLOG: Steelworkers Call for Action to Curb Unfair Trade at #SOSJobs Rally in Texas.
At this morning's #SOSJobs rally in Lone Star, Texas, U. S. Steel Lone Star Tubular Operations Plant Manager Brent Sansing and local USW president Oodie Royal urged Washington to create a level playing field for the nation's steel industry:
We can not compete in an unfair market. We need our trade laws enforced. We make the best steel in the world. As long as Washington enforces the rules we can compete with anyone.
Learn more about a pending trade case on dumped steel product from overseas.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014