LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally in Minnesota, U.S. Steel and United Steelworkers Join Together to Fight for Steel and Mining Jobs.
At this morning's #SOSJobs rally in Virginia, Minnesota, U.S. Steel's Larry Sutherland and the United Steelworkers' John Rebrovich explained the urgency of fighting for Minnesota's mining and steel industry jobs.
Introduced to chants of "Mine it here, make it here" at the Miners Memorial Building in Virginia, MN, U.S. Steel's Larry Sutherland said:
It’s critical to have fair trade that supports our steel industry and our jobs. Our iron producers can compete with anyone, if given a level playing field. The steel products that we produce are the backbone of our energy infrastructure and even our national security.
The United Steelworkers' John Rebrovich stated:
Thank you for fighting to save these jobs. We saw the same crisis in 2008, we saw the layoffs. And now we see this problem again. These are critical jobs, and we’re tired of seeing our jobs shipped somewhere else.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014