LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally, Mayor Explains Why Steel Jobs Matter to His Community.
At a #SOSJObs Rally in Lone Star, Texas, Karl Stoermer, the mayor of Lone Star, Texas, explained the importance of the city's local U.S. Steel facility:
It's not just the 1,100 jobs this plant supports. It's the local men and women who support them, too. If the Commerce Department would enforce our laws, we can compete with anyone. We make the best steel in the world.
Learn more about the threats facing workers in steel communities like Lone Star.
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Hey Joe, Remember Infrastructure at Netroots • by elizabethbb • 07/14/2014