LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally in Lone Star, Texas, Rep. Ralph Hall Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
Introduced to a chant of "Ralph-Hal, Ralph-Hall" by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul, Rep. Hall started his remarks by recalling his childhood in Faith, Texas, population 84 people.
Addressing a packed rally of Steelworkers, Hall then talked about the importance of steel pipe products. Regarding the steel manufactured in Lone Star, Hall described it as "the highest quality of anyone, anywhere."
Hall said he's "proud to work on this issue" and is a cosigner of a bill to support America's steel manufacturers. ("We have to fight our own fights," he said.)
Rep. Hall cited a prior steel trade case that involved China, and urged the Department of Commerce to act immediately on enforcing America's trade laws against dumped steel from South Korea. ("They know what to do, and they need to do it.")
Texas is an energy state, and we need all the federal help we can get.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014