LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally in Lone Star, Texas, Rep. Ralph Hall Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
Introduced to a chant of "Ralph-Hal, Ralph-Hall" by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul, Rep. Hall started his remarks by recalling his childhood in Faith, Texas, population 84 people.
Addressing a packed rally of Steelworkers, Hall then talked about the importance of steel pipe products. Regarding the steel manufactured in Lone Star, Hall described it as "the highest quality of anyone, anywhere."
Hall said he's "proud to work on this issue" and is a cosigner of a bill to support America's steel manufacturers. ("We have to fight our own fights," he said.)
Rep. Hall cited a prior steel trade case that involved China, and urged the Department of Commerce to act immediately on enforcing America's trade laws against dumped steel from South Korea. ("They know what to do, and they need to do it.")
Texas is an energy state, and we need all the federal help we can get.
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014