LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally in Birmingham, Alabama, Rep. Terri Sewell Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
Addressing a packed rally of Steelworkers at U. S. Steel's Fairfield Works and Tubular Operations, Sewell picked up a chant of "Steel...strong" and said she wants to stand up for steelworkers around the U.S.:
We need to stand together. It's unacceptable that we have so many imports dumped in America, when we make so much steel in America. We're putting partisanship aside to fight for American steel.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014