LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally in Birmingham, Alabama, Rep. Terri Sewell Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
Addressing a packed rally of Steelworkers at U. S. Steel's Fairfield Works and Tubular Operations, Sewell picked up a chant of "Steel...strong" and said she wants to stand up for steelworkers around the U.S.:
We need to stand together. It's unacceptable that we have so many imports dumped in America, when we make so much steel in America. We're putting partisanship aside to fight for American steel.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014