LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally, Allegheny Pennsylvania County Executive Rich Fitzgerald Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
“Right here we have Democrats and Republicans coming together. Management and labor are coming together. And all we’re asking is for a level playing field.
“When I hear that the Keystone pipeline is going to be made with pipe from other countries, I say, ‘We want that pipeline built with pipe made right here in in the Keystone State.’”
He added that he also wanted it made here because “nobody makes it better than we do. We’ve got to make sure that our Departments of Commerce and Justice fight for trade deals that work for Americans and for the people of western Pennsylvania."
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014