LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally, Allegheny Pennsylvania County Executive Rich Fitzgerald Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
“Right here we have Democrats and Republicans coming together. Management and labor are coming together. And all we’re asking is for a level playing field.
“When I hear that the Keystone pipeline is going to be made with pipe from other countries, I say, ‘We want that pipeline built with pipe made right here in in the Keystone State.’”
He added that he also wanted it made here because “nobody makes it better than we do. We’ve got to make sure that our Departments of Commerce and Justice fight for trade deals that work for Americans and for the people of western Pennsylvania."
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014