LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally, Allegheny Pennsylvania County Executive Rich Fitzgerald Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
“Right here we have Democrats and Republicans coming together. Management and labor are coming together. And all we’re asking is for a level playing field.
“When I hear that the Keystone pipeline is going to be made with pipe from other countries, I say, ‘We want that pipeline built with pipe made right here in in the Keystone State.’”
He added that he also wanted it made here because “nobody makes it better than we do. We’ve got to make sure that our Departments of Commerce and Justice fight for trade deals that work for Americans and for the people of western Pennsylvania."
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014