LIVEBLOG: At #SOSJobs Rally, Allegheny Pennsylvania County Executive Rich Fitzgerald Calls for Action to Save Steel Jobs.
“Right here we have Democrats and Republicans coming together. Management and labor are coming together. And all we’re asking is for a level playing field.
“When I hear that the Keystone pipeline is going to be made with pipe from other countries, I say, ‘We want that pipeline built with pipe made right here in in the Keystone State.’”
He added that he also wanted it made here because “nobody makes it better than we do. We’ve got to make sure that our Departments of Commerce and Justice fight for trade deals that work for Americans and for the people of western Pennsylvania."
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014