Liveblog: "This #SOSJobs fight is one you win only by fighting every day," says Marcy Kaptur
U.S. Representative Marcy Kaptur called the #SOSJobs rally in Lorain, Ohio to demand trade enforcement "a historic moment."
"This is the biggest economic fight of our generation," she said:
You should not even have to be out here. You would think that your government should be on your side.
"The instrument of trade is broken for our countries and for these workers," Kaptur said, noting the letter that had been submitted to the Commerce Department urging the government to "stand up for steel." The trade agreements hurt America so badly, she said, "that it ruined the auto industry in our country" until President Obama rescued the industry, an action supported by a narrow majority in Congress. "This is a fight you win only by fighting every day," she concluded.
NEXT UP: We hear from a steelworker.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014