Liveblog: "This #SOSJobs fight is one you win only by fighting every day," says Marcy Kaptur
U.S. Representative Marcy Kaptur called the #SOSJobs rally in Lorain, Ohio to demand trade enforcement "a historic moment."
"This is the biggest economic fight of our generation," she said:
You should not even have to be out here. You would think that your government should be on your side.
"The instrument of trade is broken for our countries and for these workers," Kaptur said, noting the letter that had been submitted to the Commerce Department urging the government to "stand up for steel." The trade agreements hurt America so badly, she said, "that it ruined the auto industry in our country" until President Obama rescued the industry, an action supported by a narrow majority in Congress. "This is a fight you win only by fighting every day," she concluded.
NEXT UP: We hear from a steelworker.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014