LIVEBLOG: Minnesota State Reps Demand Washington Act On Unfair Steel Trade
A gaggle of Minnesota state representatives spoke next at the #SOSJobs rally on the Iron Range. Jason Metsa, Tom Anzelc and several others followed Governor Mark Dayton’s powerful demand for federal action on unfair trade in steel ... especially tubular products being produced in South Korea and dumped at below-market prices in the U.S. market.
At the Hibbing rally to protest the unfair trade, the sixth and final #SOSJobs rally, Representative Metsa urged the “rangers,” as the people of the Iron Range are called, to demand that Washington enforce the nation’s trade laws.
“On behalf of all eight of us in the Minnesota legislature, I’m proud to stand with you today,” Metsa said. “Going forward, remember each other. Remember we are rangers. And the last thing you want to do is threaten a ranger’s job and his living."
Said Representative Anzelc:
The people of the Iron Range expect Washington to take action to save the jobs of the people of Minnesota.
He urged the rally attendees to call all the major public officials in Washington and demand action.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014
- Secretary Foxx Wants YOU… to Do Something about Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 08/06/2014