Liveblog: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul Wraps Up #SOSJobs Rally in Granite City, IL.
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul offered some words of encouragement for America's steelmakers and their workers as they pursue a trade case against dumped steel imports:
This is the real test. If we don't enforce our trade laws and stand up to dumping, we won't have a strong steel industry.
Paul pointed to the letter sent yesterday by 57 U.S. Senators to the Commerce Department:
You can't get senators to agree that the sky is blue. But they can agree on this. Our steel industry matters. And we need to stand up to dumped steel.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014