Liveblog: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul Wraps Up #SOSJobs Rally in Granite City, IL.
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul offered some words of encouragement for America's steelmakers and their workers as they pursue a trade case against dumped steel imports:
This is the real test. If we don't enforce our trade laws and stand up to dumping, we won't have a strong steel industry.
Paul pointed to the letter sent yesterday by 57 U.S. Senators to the Commerce Department:
You can't get senators to agree that the sky is blue. But they can agree on this. Our steel industry matters. And we need to stand up to dumped steel.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014