Liveblog: AFL-CIO's Michael Carrigan addresses #SOSJobs Rally in Granite City, IL.
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, Michael T. Carrigan, President of the Illinois AFL-CIO, urged Washington to enforce America's trade laws:
On behalf of the working men and women of Illinois, we’re with you. This is a fight for jobs, for community. There are some legislators that don’t understand that jobs are good for you, they’re good for America.
We need to put American workers back to work. Dumping South Korean steel into this country is not the answer.
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014