Liveblog: AFL-CIO's Michael Carrigan addresses #SOSJobs Rally in Granite City, IL.
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, Michael T. Carrigan, President of the Illinois AFL-CIO, urged Washington to enforce America's trade laws:
On behalf of the working men and women of Illinois, we’re with you. This is a fight for jobs, for community. There are some legislators that don’t understand that jobs are good for you, they’re good for America.
We need to put American workers back to work. Dumping South Korean steel into this country is not the answer.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014