Liveblog: AFL-CIO's Michael Carrigan addresses #SOSJobs Rally in Granite City, IL.
At today's #SOSJobs rally in Granite City, IL, Michael T. Carrigan, President of the Illinois AFL-CIO, urged Washington to enforce America's trade laws:
On behalf of the working men and women of Illinois, we’re with you. This is a fight for jobs, for community. There are some legislators that don’t understand that jobs are good for you, they’re good for America.
We need to put American workers back to work. Dumping South Korean steel into this country is not the answer.
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Hey Joe, Remember Infrastructure at Netroots • by elizabethbb • 07/14/2014