LIVEBLOG: "This is about jobs, family, and future" says Bob Casey. #SOSJobs
Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey joined workers and community leaders at a rally for steel jobs in Munhall Pennsylvania.
The Senator kept it brief. Here’s what he said:
This is about our jobs, our family, and our future. We know here in Pittsbugh, that because of difficulties in the international market, that this region has had to reinvent itself. You’ve done that, and know how to do that. The people of southwestern Pennsylvania have never waited for the future.
If we have a level playing field, our workers can outcompete any other workers in the world. So what we’re asking for is simple: a level playing field, and enforcement of the law.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014