LIVEBLOG: "This is about jobs, family, and future" says Bob Casey. #SOSJobs
Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey joined workers and community leaders at a rally for steel jobs in Munhall Pennsylvania.
The Senator kept it brief. Here’s what he said:
This is about our jobs, our family, and our future. We know here in Pittsbugh, that because of difficulties in the international market, that this region has had to reinvent itself. You’ve done that, and know how to do that. The people of southwestern Pennsylvania have never waited for the future.
If we have a level playing field, our workers can outcompete any other workers in the world. So what we’re asking for is simple: a level playing field, and enforcement of the law.
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014