LIVE: 2:30 pm ET-- White House hosts conference on the U.S. auto industry
LIVE: The Obama Administration is bringing together diverse auto-sector stakeholders at a White House event to celebrate success stories in the remarkable resurgence of the auto industry and spotlight leaders who represent President Obama’s vision of out-innovating and out-manufacturing the rest of the world. Senior Administration officials will host a discussion with private sector, local, labor and environmental leaders on job creation in the automobile and supply chain communities, and the drive to innovate and develop transformative automotive technologies.
This event will focus on the economic, environmental and energy impacts of jobs created in the automotive sector, featuring senior Administration officials and two panels of individuals advancing new ideas that lead the way to a clean energy future and an economy that’s built to last.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013