LIVE: 2:30 pm ET-- White House hosts conference on the U.S. auto industry
LIVE: The Obama Administration is bringing together diverse auto-sector stakeholders at a White House event to celebrate success stories in the remarkable resurgence of the auto industry and spotlight leaders who represent President Obama’s vision of out-innovating and out-manufacturing the rest of the world. Senior Administration officials will host a discussion with private sector, local, labor and environmental leaders on job creation in the automobile and supply chain communities, and the drive to innovate and develop transformative automotive technologies.
This event will focus on the economic, environmental and energy impacts of jobs created in the automotive sector, featuring senior Administration officials and two panels of individuals advancing new ideas that lead the way to a clean energy future and an economy that’s built to last.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013