LISTEN: KCBS Radio -- "Manufacturing Group Protests Chinese Steel Used in Bay Bridge Construction"
In Oakland, KCBS radio reporter Chris Filippi interviewed Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul on Monday regarding AAM's new "Should Be Made in America" campaign.
Filippi asked Paul about AAM's new billboards posted along Interstate 880 that depict the Chinese flag with the words “The Bay Bridge 100% Foreign Steel.”
Paul explained that not using American steel for the project cost local jobs:
“Those jobs could have been right in the United States and could have been done here at a reasonable cost to taxpayer and also with the creation of about 2,500 manufacturing jobs,” Paul said.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013