LISTEN: KCBS Radio -- "Manufacturing Group Protests Chinese Steel Used in Bay Bridge Construction"
In Oakland, KCBS radio reporter Chris Filippi interviewed Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul on Monday regarding AAM's new "Should Be Made in America" campaign.
Filippi asked Paul about AAM's new billboards posted along Interstate 880 that depict the Chinese flag with the words “The Bay Bridge 100% Foreign Steel.”
Paul explained that not using American steel for the project cost local jobs:
“Those jobs could have been right in the United States and could have been done here at a reasonable cost to taxpayer and also with the creation of about 2,500 manufacturing jobs,” Paul said.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013