Life on Mars...as envisioned by Nanette Lepore
Earlier this week, while we, at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), were preparing for the State of the Union address, our friend, fashion designer Nanette Lepore was preparing for life on Mars.
On Wednesday, Lepore unveiled her Mars Rover-inspired Fall 2013 designs as part of New York Fashion Week. And judging by the aftermath, her line was a hit. Fashionistas on Twitter were abuzz with 140-character-or-less reviews, each trying to fit in outerspace puns. (“I’m over the moon!” “Your designs are out of this world!”)
It’s understandable; the designs are unique, but also quite wearable. (And dare I say, some may even be work-appropriate…) Lepore, who is known for making her clothes in the United States, took to Tumblr last week to tease her show and designs – posting sketches, quotations, photographs and even some-what cryptic messages. (“tomorrow we traverse unexplored terrains”)
Design sketch taken from Lepore's tumblr.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014