Life on Mars...as envisioned by Nanette Lepore
Earlier this week, while we, at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), were preparing for the State of the Union address, our friend, fashion designer Nanette Lepore was preparing for life on Mars.
On Wednesday, Lepore unveiled her Mars Rover-inspired Fall 2013 designs as part of New York Fashion Week. And judging by the aftermath, her line was a hit. Fashionistas on Twitter were abuzz with 140-character-or-less reviews, each trying to fit in outerspace puns. (“I’m over the moon!” “Your designs are out of this world!”)
It’s understandable; the designs are unique, but also quite wearable. (And dare I say, some may even be work-appropriate…) Lepore, who is known for making her clothes in the United States, took to Tumblr last week to tease her show and designs – posting sketches, quotations, photographs and even some-what cryptic messages. (“tomorrow we traverse unexplored terrains”)
Design sketch taken from Lepore's tumblr.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014