Life on Mars...as envisioned by Nanette Lepore
Earlier this week, while we, at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), were preparing for the State of the Union address, our friend, fashion designer Nanette Lepore was preparing for life on Mars.
On Wednesday, Lepore unveiled her Mars Rover-inspired Fall 2013 designs as part of New York Fashion Week. And judging by the aftermath, her line was a hit. Fashionistas on Twitter were abuzz with 140-character-or-less reviews, each trying to fit in outerspace puns. (“I’m over the moon!” “Your designs are out of this world!”)
It’s understandable; the designs are unique, but also quite wearable. (And dare I say, some may even be work-appropriate…) Lepore, who is known for making her clothes in the United States, took to Tumblr last week to tease her show and designs – posting sketches, quotations, photographs and even some-what cryptic messages. (“tomorrow we traverse unexplored terrains”)
Design sketch taken from Lepore's tumblr.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013