Life on Mars...as envisioned by Nanette Lepore
Earlier this week, while we, at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), were preparing for the State of the Union address, our friend, fashion designer Nanette Lepore was preparing for life on Mars.
On Wednesday, Lepore unveiled her Mars Rover-inspired Fall 2013 designs as part of New York Fashion Week. And judging by the aftermath, her line was a hit. Fashionistas on Twitter were abuzz with 140-character-or-less reviews, each trying to fit in outerspace puns. (“I’m over the moon!” “Your designs are out of this world!”)
It’s understandable; the designs are unique, but also quite wearable. (And dare I say, some may even be work-appropriate…) Lepore, who is known for making her clothes in the United States, took to Tumblr last week to tease her show and designs – posting sketches, quotations, photographs and even some-what cryptic messages. (“tomorrow we traverse unexplored terrains”)
Design sketch taken from Lepore's tumblr.
Related recent Blogs
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013