Let's speed up that reshoring.
Kudos to Knowledge Today for re-stating what the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has been repeatedly saying-- namely, that conditions are ripe for a resurgence of U.S. manufacturing.
The Knowledge Today article cites a recent study by the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) that found China's cost advantage is shrinking from 30% down to 16%.
Even more impressive is that the article points point an often overlooked fact-- namely, that "wages represent only a small percentage of total manufacturing costs." What really matters are things like "supply chain costs."
Also aiding a U.S. manufacturing resurgence is the fact that U.S. energy costs are dropping due to new natural gas sources.
With conditions growing more favorable, the question is when reshoring will start to pick up steam?...
Related recent Blogs
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013