Latest Monthly Jobs Report: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement
The latest monthly jobs figures were released this morning and show that the U.S. manufacturing sector gained 37,000 jobs in March 2012.
Overall, the U.S. gained 120,000 jobs in March, and unemployment was 8.2%, (down 0.1%).
Data for manufacturing:
- 472,000 manufacturing jobs gained since the start of 2010.
- 120,000 manufacturing jobs gained in 2012.
Said Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul:
"It's clear from this jobs report that manufacturing is playing an outsized role in driving the economic recovery in America. The policy lesson should be clear: investing in manufacturing will pay off with more and better jobs for American workers. President Obama was right to focus on manufacturing in the State of the Union and budget proposal. Now we need Congress to act."
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013