Keurig and Coca-Cola Brew Jobs in Georgia
Keurig and Coca-Cola plan to bring jobs to the soft drink’s hometown. Keurig and Coke announced a long-term partnership in February to collaborate on the development of an in-home cold beverage system.
The two beverage companies will create 550 new jobs in Douglasville, Georgia (a suburb of Atlanta) and invest $337 million into the facility in the next five years. The new manufacturing center will produce pods for the company’s new Keurig Cold Platform. Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal and local officials helped bring the manufacturing facility to Atlanta, according to Keurig President Brian Kelley:
Keurig Cold is an exciting new multi-brand platform for our company, and ensuring beverage pod production capacity and efficiency are key to its success. The Douglas County region offers a diverse and skilled employee base as well as many geographic and economic benefits, making it a great location for our new facility. We are grateful for the support we have received from local and state representatives to help bring us to the region, and we look forward to becoming an active part of the community.
Here at Alliance for American Manufacturing, we like to see the tax code used to incentivize manufacturing. Pretty soon you’ll have “made in your home” Coca-Cola just like Gov. Deal!
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014