Keep today's celebration of romantic brigandry on the high seas American-made
As you may know, it’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day! It's even got its own acronym (ITLAPD). For the unacquainted, September 19 marks the day each year when people, well, talk like pirates. Some may even take the bonus step of changing their Facebook language setting to “pirate.”
According to the official site for ITLAPD, the annual event started among a group of friends, but became a bigger deal in 2002 after syndicated columnist Dave Barry mentioned it.
And so this post is for you, the pirate enthusiast for whom talking like a pirate just isn’t enough.
Are you looking to take it one step further? SIlly question, of course you are. So how about unfurling an American-made pirate flag.
Still not enough? We get it, language and totems do not a pirate make. So how about a costume? Caufield’s Novelty offers a Made in the USA “sea scoundrel” costume –- a perfect way to complete your pirate character.
Still not entirely confident? The guys at ITLAPD have included quite the tutorial on how to talk like a pirate ... and it includes pirate pick-up lines, if you’re into that kind of thing.
Enjoy your International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and keep your celebration Made in the USA. Go get 'em, mateys!
Image of pirate flag from Sick Boy Outlet's website.
Related recent Blogs
- A look at apparel manufacturing on the anniversary of the Bangladeshi factory disaster • by mmcmullan • 04/24/2014
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014