June 3, 2011 Headlines: Small Job Gains, China Hacking Update, Krugman on Jobs, and More
BLS: The U.S. posted an anemic 54,000 jobs gained in May. And we lost 5,000 manufacturing jobs.
WaPo: The U.S. Treasury will end its ownership stake of Chrysler.
NYT: Paul Krugman on the mistake of losing focus on jobs.
Investors.com: Real wage gains over the past decade are at levels so low, we haven’t seen them since the Great Depression.
USAT: Mazda is ending its joint venture with Ford, and will no longer be building cars in the U.S.
More on China’s hacking of Gmail: It turns out they were targeting White House staffers (WSJ) and could be behind a recent cyberattack on Lockheed Martin (Reuters).
Reuters: President Obama travels to Toledo, OH today to talk jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- New report shows manufacturing is rebounding, but could use a legislative leg up • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- ITC ruling on hot-rolled steel products coming today • by mmcmullan • 12/17/2013
- December 17, 2013: #MFG employment tea leaves • by mmcmullan • 12/17/2013
- Don't worry, Peter Beinart, we care about rising U.S.-China tension • by mmcmullan • 12/16/2013