June 3, 2011 Headlines: Small Job Gains, China Hacking Update, Krugman on Jobs, and More
BLS: The U.S. posted an anemic 54,000 jobs gained in May. And we lost 5,000 manufacturing jobs.
WaPo: The U.S. Treasury will end its ownership stake of Chrysler.
NYT: Paul Krugman on the mistake of losing focus on jobs.
Investors.com: Real wage gains over the past decade are at levels so low, we haven’t seen them since the Great Depression.
USAT: Mazda is ending its joint venture with Ford, and will no longer be building cars in the U.S.
More on China’s hacking of Gmail: It turns out they were targeting White House staffers (WSJ) and could be behind a recent cyberattack on Lockheed Martin (Reuters).
Reuters: President Obama travels to Toledo, OH today to talk jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013