June 22, 2011 Headlines: Made in America Store, China's Cyberwarfare, Tim Ryan on Buy American, and More
NPR: NPR highlights a “Made in America” store in upstate New York.
China says it is not engaged in cyberwarfare with the U.S. (Reuters). Could have fooled us. China also claims that its share of rare earth mineral production will drop (Reuters).
The Federal Reserve will apparently continue to ignore unemployment (Reuters). Has QE2 worked (WSJ)?
IW: Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH) says if we want advanced manufacturing to succeed, make sure DoD buys American.
Newsweek: Former President Bill Clinton offers 14 ideas to grow jobs. We like a bunch of them, including #13.
Politico: A small business loan fund has been slow in developing.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014