June 22, 2011 Headlines: Made in America Store, China's Cyberwarfare, Tim Ryan on Buy American, and More
NPR: NPR highlights a “Made in America” store in upstate New York.
China says it is not engaged in cyberwarfare with the U.S. (Reuters). Could have fooled us. China also claims that its share of rare earth mineral production will drop (Reuters).
The Federal Reserve will apparently continue to ignore unemployment (Reuters). Has QE2 worked (WSJ)?
IW: Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH) says if we want advanced manufacturing to succeed, make sure DoD buys American.
Newsweek: Former President Bill Clinton offers 14 ideas to grow jobs. We like a bunch of them, including #13.
Politico: A small business loan fund has been slow in developing.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013