June 21, 2011 Headlines: China's Economic Slowdown, Voters and the Economy, Food Recalls, and More
Reuters: China’s banks are feeling the credit crunch, and their shares are falling.
NYT: Inflation, rising labor costs, and government debt threaten to put the brakes on China’s supercharged economy.
WSJ: China’s inflation is hurting American consumers, as prices rise.
Reuters: If it’s Obama vs. Romney, independent voters’ view of the economy could decide the race.
NYT: Government recalls of food from abroad are slow, and it proves near-impossible to ensure that the companies comply with regulations.
USAT: Former industrial powerhouse states are now second-tier, Texas, Virginia, and North Carolina are the big winners.
USAT: States are taking the lead in energy efficiency, even as Congress is deadlocked.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013