June 2: Steel jobs rally in Texas this morning.
And welcome to the Early Shift. We’re gearing up for another #SOSJobs rally today. This one is in Lone Star, Texas.
WATCH IT LIVE, starting at 11 am ET.
Essentially, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is joining U.S. Steel and the United Steelworkers in Lone Star, Texas this morning to rally for an industry that’s being threatened by severely underpriced competition from overseas. Learn more about this issue, and then let your legislators know that you expect them to stand up for our steel industry (and keep an eye out for AAM updates from the ground today).
There are a lot of jobs at stake across the country if Commerce doesn’t get an upcoming trade ruling right. That was the focus of a segment on MSNBC's The Ed Show on last week, where AAM President Scott Paul put it thusly:
It really burns me up when we allow other countries to either subsidize their steel or dump it into our market and our workers lose their jobs.
With that in mind, watch for us in Texas this morning!
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014