June 2: Steel jobs rally in Texas this morning.
And welcome to the Early Shift. We’re gearing up for another #SOSJobs rally today. This one is in Lone Star, Texas.
WATCH IT LIVE, starting at 11 am ET.
Essentially, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is joining U.S. Steel and the United Steelworkers in Lone Star, Texas this morning to rally for an industry that’s being threatened by severely underpriced competition from overseas. Learn more about this issue, and then let your legislators know that you expect them to stand up for our steel industry (and keep an eye out for AAM updates from the ground today).
There are a lot of jobs at stake across the country if Commerce doesn’t get an upcoming trade ruling right. That was the focus of a segment on MSNBC's The Ed Show on last week, where AAM President Scott Paul put it thusly:
It really burns me up when we allow other countries to either subsidize their steel or dump it into our market and our workers lose their jobs.
With that in mind, watch for us in Texas this morning!
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014