June 17, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Vote Coming? Underwhelming Jobs Panel, and More
Reuters: Two House Democrats will try to force a vote on a bill to fix China’s currency manipulation.
Reuters: Since the Yuan was depegged a year ago, it’s gained 5.4% in one year.
FT: Around 17,000 Communist party cadres, police, judicial officers and state-owned enterprise executives fled the country between the mid-1990s and 2008.
BI: 9 Scary Facts About The Unemployment Crisis
WaPo: Tensions are clear between manufacturers and the President’s top aide.
WSJ: One word of the President’s Jobs Panel’s recommendations: Underwhelming.
USAT: The American solar industry has seen massive increases in output over the past year.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013