June 13, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Talk (Where's the Action?), Students Prefer Manufacturing, China Poisons Children, and More
WaPo: EJ Dionne says few job creating plans get bipartisan support. (He should read our plan.)
WSJ: Jobs and politics hit the front page of the Wall Street Journal over the weekend.
The President speaks in North Carolina today. The topic: jobs (The Hill). Senate Democrats say the President needs to do more (The Hill).
WSJ: The head of the President’s jobs council lays out a strategy. Barely a mention of manufacturing from one of America’s leading outsourcers.
Politico: Show me the (green) jobs.
WaPo: Steve Pearlstein says globalization and imports are skewing key data on the economy. We agree.
NYP: Made in NYC?
Bloomberg: Dr. Doom called the first recession. Is he right about an ominous “perfect storm” brewing in the near future?
Zero Hedge: Is QE2 primarily benefiting foreign banks?
India Vision New manufacturing policy to support 100 million jobs. In India. They have a manufacturing policy, we don’t.
Reuters: Lead pollution in China poisons 103 children near a tinfoil factory.
WaPo: Larry Summers: How to Avoid a Lost Decade. (Could have started with a bigger recovery package, which you opposed…)
WSJ: Harvard Business School is graduating more students with manufacturing as an interest, and fewer with financial services. That’s progress.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013