June 10, 2011 Headlines: Long-Term Unemployment, Inaction on Jobs, Sen. Casey on Manufacturing, and More
HuffPo: For the unemployed in this recession, it has taken double the average time to find a new job…or give up.
BW: Nine ideas borrowed from around the world to boost our economy.
McClatchy: Is there a new normal unemployment rate?
Here’s why Christine Lagarde of France may be the wrong pick to head the IMF: she soft pedals criticism of China’s currency manipulation (WSJ). That’s despite the fact that IMF staff say China has a long way to go (WSJ).
TNR: Will Obama pivot to jobs?
P-G: Senator Casey (D-PA) is focusing on manufacturing.
FT: China recorded a $13 billion trade surplus in May.
Yahoo: Is Obama’s manufacturing plan enough to boost employment in the sector?
NYT: Companies are spending more on equipment than employees, thanks to tax benefits.
Exposing fraud in Chinese investments (NYT). One fresh example here(WSJ).
USAT: Home equity at lowest level since World War II.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013