June 1, 2012 Headlines: Weak Jobs Numbers, China Currency Update, Climate Talks, and More
The economy added 12,000 manufacturing jobs in May, out of 69,000 total jobs. Read coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, Bloomberg, and National Journal.
NYT: China’s currency fell against the dollar, but it’s still a tightly-controlled currency market.
NPR: Why has the recovery been so anemic?
The Hill: First-time jobless claims continue to rise.
WSJ: Video analysis of economic conditions.
AP: China’s manufacturing sector fell in May.
WaPo: Signs of a global slowdown: Indian manufacturing slowed as well.
WSJ: Economists react to the Chinese manufacturing slowdown.
AP: At upcoming climate negotiations, China is not sounding a hopeful note.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013