June 1, 2012 Headlines: Weak Jobs Numbers, China Currency Update, Climate Talks, and More
The economy added 12,000 manufacturing jobs in May, out of 69,000 total jobs. Read coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, Bloomberg, and National Journal.
NYT: China’s currency fell against the dollar, but it’s still a tightly-controlled currency market.
NPR: Why has the recovery been so anemic?
The Hill: First-time jobless claims continue to rise.
WSJ: Video analysis of economic conditions.
AP: China’s manufacturing sector fell in May.
WaPo: Signs of a global slowdown: Indian manufacturing slowed as well.
WSJ: Economists react to the Chinese manufacturing slowdown.
AP: At upcoming climate negotiations, China is not sounding a hopeful note.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013