July 7, 2014: The final #SOSJobs countdown
and welcome to the Early Shift. We hope you enjoyed the fireworks on the Fourth and got some rest over the weekend, because there's a big decision expected this week: The U.S. Commerce Department is expected to announce its final decision in a trade case that could affect thousands of steel jobs across the United States.
Will American steelworkers be forced to compete with a flood of imports, dumped into the U.S. at prices way below fair market value? Or will our government enforce its on-the-books trade laws?
But it's not all trade cases in the Early Shift: We've got our ears to the ground for cool cultural phenonema. To wit: Check out the good use someone got out of a drone on Independence Day.
Have a good week, America!
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014
- Ho Hum: Another Gigantic Monthly Goods Trade Deficit • by mmcmullan • 08/06/2014
- A Sobering Look at a Former Factory Town • by mmcmullan • 08/04/2014
- #AAMeter Attracts National Attention • by elizabethbb • 08/04/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014