July 7, 2014: The final #SOSJobs countdown
and welcome to the Early Shift. We hope you enjoyed the fireworks on the Fourth and got some rest over the weekend, because there's a big decision expected this week: The U.S. Commerce Department is expected to announce its final decision in a trade case that could affect thousands of steel jobs across the United States.
Will American steelworkers be forced to compete with a flood of imports, dumped into the U.S. at prices way below fair market value? Or will our government enforce its on-the-books trade laws?
But it's not all trade cases in the Early Shift: We've got our ears to the ground for cool cultural phenonema. To wit: Check out the good use someone got out of a drone on Independence Day.
Have a good week, America!
Related recent Blogs
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- What's next in the OCTG trade case? • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- The Top 4 Things to Know About #SOSJobs • by elizabethbb • 07/09/2014
- To Save Our Steel Jobs, It's Now or Never • by elizabethbb • 07/07/2014
- July 7, 2014: The final #SOSJobs countdown • by mmcmullan • 07/07/2014
- Spreading the Word: The American Prospect Features Save Our Steel Jobs Campaign • by elizabethbb • 07/03/2014
- As American as Apple Pie — But Made Overseas • by TGarland • 07/02/2014