July 7, 2011 Headlines: Auto Industry Growth, China Raises Interest Rates, Dems vs. GOP on Infrastructure, and More
MSNBC: The auto industry is seeing significant job growth.
Reuters: China claims that it will decrease state support for industries like high speed rail and wind. (We’re not holding our breath here.)
WaPo: Men are faring better in the “recovery” than women. One reason: cuts in state employees impacting women more, and hiring in manufacturing benefiting men.
NYT: Is there a real estate bubble in China?
USAT: China raises interest rates to try to cool inflation. (China could raise the value of the Yuan and accomplish the same thing, by the way.)
WSJ: Infrastructure: Senate Democrats look at keeping funding level for a highway bill; House Republicans propose to cut spending by one-third.
HBR: Manufacturing must be hot: even the elitist Aspen Ideas Festival has a panel on the topic.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013