July 31, 2013 Headlines: A new "grand bargain", job creation during the month of July, and more.
Bloomberg: Economic recovery in the U.S. has been stronger than most expected.
New York Times: President Obama's speech at Amazon was meant to continue a theme of job revival.
Wall Street Journal: Despite a pickup in the U.S. economy, growth continues to be dismal.
Washington Post: U.S. companies created 200,000 jobs during the month of July.
Washington Post: Obama's new "grand bargain" for creating jobs has quickly been denounced.
Washington Post: Washington, DC saw a rise in unemployment numbers during the month of June.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013