July 26, 2011 Headlines: GE's Offshoring, Blackberry's Layoffs, Steelworkers Fight Back, and More
BI: General Electric moves its HQ of X-Ray division to China, claims it won’t cost US jobs. (And pigs will fly.)
WaPo: Americans unhappy with Obama and Republicans on jobs, economy.
NYT: It’s hard for the unemployed to find jobs if one of the disqualifiers is being unemployed. A possible solution.
USAT: More tech layoffs: Blackberry fires 2000 workers.
Phnom Pen Post: Workers fainting in masses in a Puma factory in Cambodia.
NYT: Manufactured exports are gaining steam in India.
NYT: Sec. of State Hillary Clinton says Asian nations should play by fair trade rules, but fails to mention exchange rate manipulation.
Fast Company: Stunning look at how China is pulling ahead in clean energy manufacturing.
RenewablesBiz: But, the Steelworkers lead the charge against China’s unfair trade practices on renewables.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013